The document stipulates the requirements to lifetime extension of a NPP power unit, specifically to:
- the integrated survey of a NPP power unit in the course of preparation to lifetime extension of a NPP unit;
- the criteria of possibility to operate a NPP unit within the period of the extended lifetime;
- the requirements to lifetime extension of a NPP components beyond the limits of the assigned lifetime of a NPP unit;
- the requirements to justification of the extended lifetime of a NPP unit;
- the requirements to preparation of a NPP unit to the extended lifetime.
These Fundamental Requirements shall be implemented during organization and performance of works on a NPP unit preparation to operation beyond the expiry of its assigned lifetime or previously extended lifetime. For those NPP units, for which the works (or a part of works) on a NPP unit preparation to operation beyond the expired assigned lifetime had been performed before the enactment of the Fundamental Requirements, the procedure for bringing NPPs to compliance with the Fundamental Requirements, as well as the terms and the scope of the required measures, shall be specified for each certain case in frames of the terms and conditions of the license for operation of a NPP unit within the extended lifetime.